There are lots of spooky goings on in the Brecon Beacons National Park this Halloween. Here are a few family friendly events to take your pick from;
- Make a mythical beast mask or lantern at a free workshop hosted by Brecon’s Mari Lwyd on Wednesday 30th October, 2-5pm. (All children MUST be accompanied by an ADULT.)Then head out on the Mythical Beast & Lantern Trail on Thursday 31st October, 6pm starting at the Wellington Hotel in Brecon.
- Take a ride on the Ghost train at The Pontypool and Blaenavon Railway. Trains are running from our Spooky Furnace Sidings station at regular intervals from 4pm through to 9pm. All visitors are encouraged to dress up in their spooky clothes (but not essential). Be prepared to be scared! Note: All children must be accompanied by an appropriate adult. Click here to book tickets for this event.
- Beacons View Tearoom at the National Park Visitor Centre, Libanus has spooky story telling sessions every hour from 1pm. There are awards for the best costume and lots of colouring activities and it’s all free, this Thursday 31st October 1pm-4pm.
- Visit Harry Trotter And The Pumpkin Patch at Cantref Adventure Farm this Halloween!
Put on your scarf, wrap up warm and fly over to Harry Trotter’s Wizard School for some magical fun, complete your wizard training and take a walk to see the Pumpkin Patch. The event runs until the 4th November, go online for more details.
- Deep underground in Dan Yr Ogof, The National Showcaves Centre for Wales, Halloween is well underway! Hear the ghouls cry and see the witches fly as you brave the Halloween experience. The Halloween event runs up to and including Thursday 31st October 2019.
- Ghastly Goldmines – The Dolaucothi Gold Mine daily Underground Guided Tours will be getting a spooky twist for Hallowe’en week …find out more here
- Spooky Halloween Day at Blaenavon Ironworks–28th, 29th and 31st October.Join in a Halloween-themed trail for a day of thrills and chills! With a prize for the first 150 to complete our spooky trail through the Ironworks. £2 charge per trail.Halloween Day itself only: come and hear Welsh spooky tales and legends in our cottages with storyteller Cath Little. Find out more here.
- The Old Railway Line Garden Centre in Glasbury has a Spooky Halloween Walkway open 11am-4.30pm until the 31st October. It’s only a £1 per person and no booking is required.
- Spooky decorations are being made at Talgarth Mill, make a spider and a web on Wednesday 30th October. No booking needed – just drop in to the Granary Room – £4.40 a go. Find out more here
- The Trail of Spookiness reappears at Tretower – Hhhhaaapppy Halloween!- 29th-31st October. It’s that time again; time for the bats, the rats and the creepy-crawlies to emerge from their hidey-holes and join the ghosts in making a Trail of Spookiness around Tretower Court. Bring your youngster to test the trail, but BEWARE – you may yet see the White Lady walk along her balcony… Find out more here.