Shopping locally is a great way to support the local economy and allows you to grab a great gift for Christmas! The Brecon Beacons is one of the best places to do this, with so many independent shopping streets and quirky gifts you will love
- The Beacons Farm Shop at the Welsh Venison Centre sells bread, eggs, bacon, beer and wine with their gift shop stocking beautiful, hand-picked gifts for your home or friends. There are lots of children’s presents including baking and gardening sets, wooden toys and colourful lunch bags.
- Black Mountains Smokery Hamper for the food lovers why not treat them to Black Mountains Smokery hamper. Choose whole hams to tapas, cured or smoked meats such as Welsh Dragon sausage or welsh beef. Or give in and buy the lot! Have a look which hamper your would like to purchase and place your order here.
- Bread Kits from Talgarth Mill. Make great “under a fiver” Christmas gifts – everything you need, with detailed step by step instructions, to make your own delicious loaf of bread. The flour used is milled with Talgarth Mill Flour from locally sourced wheat and the kits are assembled by our wonderful team of volunteers. Try our new improved Spicy Fruit Loaf Kit with double the fruit or our new improved Herb and Tomato Bread Kit with lots more sundried tomatoes for a really tasty loaf. Find out more here
- Black Mountain Gold Chocolate
Something for the sweet-tooth. What about a gorgeous box of Black Mountain Gold Chocolates? Chose a mix of creamy white, milk and dark Belgian Truffles…….make sure you pick a big box so there’s plenty to share…..! Find there shop in the town of Abergavenny.
For the one who likes a tipple. If you know someone who likes nothing better than sipping away at a scotch or gin at the end of the day, forget the big names and watch them marvel at the taste of one of Penderyn award wining welsh whisky’s or gin’s. Or why not book a tour of the distillery, something to look forward to in the New Year find out more here.
In the Brecon Beacons we are proud to have two vineyard’s Sugar Loaf Vineyard, and White Castle Vineyard. What better way to celebrate Christmas than by giving a bottle or two of Welsh Wine! Find out more here
- Blaenafon Cheese
For the Cheese lover. Blaenafon Cheese are a specialist cheddar cheese company based in the World Heritage site of Blaenafon, South Wales. The produce fifteen very distinctive cheddars and four varieties of goat’s cheese. All the cheeses are hand made at our shop in Broad Street Blaenafon. Go online to buy.
- Welsh Hampers from Authentically Welsh
Authenically Welsh provide a wonderful range of hand packed hampers bursting with flavoursome Welsh foods … delivered directly to your doorstep – perfect for a really Welsh gift this Christmas. Have a look at all the hampers and order yours online
Brecon Brewing has a new range of bottled beers available – from old favourites Brecon Gold and Brecon Red, to new additions Brecon Blonde and the exotic Brecon Bamboo. The Yuletide special Brecon Cwrw-istmas is also availble, but supplies are limited… They also have our colourful 3 bottle gift packs, and a range of beer inspired goodies, such as Landlord’s Chutney (made with our Copper Beacons by those lovely folk at Miranda’s), and a range of beef or mushroom jerkies made for us by Martin Cowley… Buy direct from the brewery, via mail order – find out more here.
- Plenty of gifts at Nicholls-shops in Crickhowell, Abergavenny and Brecon!
Nicholls is a family business set in the heart of the beautiful Brecon Beacons National Park. Established in 1925, the firm originally sold animal feed, pots, and pans to local farmers who passed through the market town of Crickhowell. Thebusiness diversified into selling hardware to these farmers and eventually evolved into the department store we see today. Crickhowell is the original Nicholls store. It sits nestled into the High Street of this idyllic Georgian market town, and is full of the refined elegance associated with that time. The store is cared for by Karen and her team, who will be delighted to help you. They are proud to stock leading British brands such as Barbour, Hunter, Joules, Voyage, Katie Loxton, and Olivia Burton, selling jewellery, clothes, gifts and the store in Abergavenny even has a cafe for you to relax after all your Christmas shopping is done!
- Drover Cycles sale!
Drover Cycles are running an amazing Christmas sale at their shop located in Hay On Wye! Including FREE Green Oil chain lube with any Green Oil product , 3 for £10 on all Nutrak inner tubes, 50% off all Altura clothing and so much more! There’s no limit to the number of offers you can use and no max spend. So, if you need to stock up there’s a few hundred quid to be saved. All offers apply to in-stock items only. They’re open Monday to Saturday 9am to 5.30pm including Saturday 23rd December for those last-minute presents. Or you can order by giving us a call on 01497 822419 and they’ll post your purchases free of charge.