We love our pets, and accept them as part of the family. So why not have a family meal with your pup?
Here are a few places you can bring your dog to dinner:
1. The Felin Fach Griffin – A restaurant and hotel that is very welcoming to your four-legged family members. Just ask their resident dog, Max. When it comes to dining, you can either book Table 11, or ask if your dog can be seated under a table in the tack room.
2. The Bank Bar and Kitchen – Bar in the middle of Brecon who offer a home cooked menu including food sourced from finest quality produce from local suppliers. Hikers bikers and Paws are welcome!
3. The New Inn– Bwlch –A cosy pub serving delicious homemade food and serving local beer and ales. They enjoy having furry friends around.
4. The Bear Hotel-Crickhowell
The bar area is incredibly dog friendly. They get a treat of their own while you treat yourself to some time spent in one of the best pubs in Britain.
5. The Red Lion-Llangynidr – Complete with a games room, home cooked food, and set in a 15th century inn, this family-friendly pub welcomes everyone, including dogs!
6. The Dragon’s Back Public House – The highest pub in Brecon Beacons, The Dragon’s Back welcomes well behaved pups nearly everywhere, including the pub area.
7. The Brecon Tap
Relax in the smart surroundings and make yourself at home on the extra-comfy seating. There are no TVs or piped music to distract you – just chill and chat with family or friends. Well behaved, accompanied children are welcome (until 8.30ish) as are dog owners and their pets.!
The Kings Head is based in the centre of Llandovery and is the perfect central location to enjoy Wales and all it has to offer, including outdoor activities and days out to enjoy with your dog! They serve a wide range of fresh and locally sourced produce to suit all.
9. The Castle-Llandovery
A warm and friendly place to unwind, you’ll find a proper traditional bar, a roaring log fire to toast your toes and plenty of comfy sofas in which to lose yourself with your four legged friend.
10. The Dragon Inn- Crickhowell
A Visit Wales 3-Star Historic Inn, serving delicious foods, welcoming well behaved dogs! The bar & restaurant area is a comfortable and relaxing place to wind down or just enjoy the atmosphere, and has earned a great reputation for serving local, good value, quality food of a high standard.
11. The Coach and Horses-Llangynidr
With a large beer garden for the summer and an idylic spot right beside the canal this is a great dog friendly eatery for the Summer months!
For more dining options in the national park, click here.