Heres all you need to know on 3 exciting stargazing events happening in the Brecon Beacons very own Dark Skies Reserve this month:
12th February-Stargazing Evening
7:00pm, national Park Visitor Centre, Libanus
An evening of Stargazing at the Brecon Beacons National Park Visitor Centre.Tickets £15 include a Gurkha Curry followed by an informative talk.
- Tickets must be booked in advance and are available from the National Park Reception at Plas y Ffynnon, Brecon LD3 7HP or by calling 01874 624437.
- The event is in aid of Mayor of Brecon Charities.
16th February-Dark Skies Evening
6-9pm, Buckland Hall Bwlch.
A family friendly evening organised by Discover Llangorse & Bwlch6pm – 9pm at Buckland Hall, Bwlch, LD3 7JJ.
- Planetarium with Martin Griffiths
Director of the Brecon Beacons Observatory
- Lectures by Nick Busby
Chairman, Abergavenny Astronomical Society
- Plus: Observing the Night Sky if Clear
(Suitable warm outdoor clothing is advised)
- Adults £10
Children & Senior Citizens £6
- Tickets available online – http://www.aroundllangorselake.co.uk/tickets
or in person at the Welsh Venison Centre, Bwlch – 01874 730 929
26th Feb-Brecon Beacons National Park Astronomy Evening-The Moon and the Western Imagination
7:30pm, National Park Visitor Centre, Libanus
A series of interactive lectures by former University and NASA astronomer Martin Griffiths. The Moon and the Western Imagination – from ancient myths to the Moon landings
- All talks will be held at the National Park Visitor Centre at 7:30pm and will be followed by stargazing sessions using the Brecon Beacons Observatory and additional telescopes (weather permitting). To book places contact the Visitor Centre, 01874 623366.
£15 per adult
£10 per person under 16