Events in the Brecon Beacons in August.
You may be arranging a trip to the Brecon Beacons this summer, there is plenty of fun things to see during your stay with us, here are a few upcoming events in August. For the full event listing go our our website.
Small group stargazing with a professional astronomer throughout the year in the Brecon Beacons National Park
Dates through the year, with a maximum of 8 places per session, with no prior knowledge or equipment needed, but you are free to bring both! Find out more here.
- Brecon Fringe Festival 6th – 9th August
Brecon Fringe Festival 2015 will take place from Thursday August 6 – Sunday August 9. There are 30+ venues again in 2015 with live music and other events taking place in venues all over town and in nearby villages. Find out more here.
- Brecon Jazz Festival 7th -9th August
The programme for the world famous Brecon Jazz Festival 2015 has not yet been published but will have a sprinkling of stellar names and leading lights of the Jazz world – line-up will be published February 2015.
This year the atmosphere will again be enhanced with colourful street entertainment that proved so popular in keeping all ages entertained around town, and the organisers will once again work closely with Brecon Fringe to put a complementary programme of music into Brecon’s bars and smaller venues. Find out more here.
- Charity Jazz Bus 9th August
JAZZ BUS- trips hourly from Brecon Town Centre 10am-5pm Swing & light jazz from popular entertainter Tony Royale, plus special guests throughout the day. All on board the mobile venue of a vintage Routemaster double-decker. Book your seat here.
- Llanigon YFC Show 8th AugustAttractions Include: Dressage Show Jumping Dog Show Speed Shear Sheep Classes Baby Show Children’s Sports Bale Tossing Competition Tug Of War
Pendine Dash 2015 9th August
The 11th annual Pendine Dash takes place on Sunday August 9th and it will start at the National Botanic Garden of Wales with the first car flagged off at 10am. It is organised by Pembrokeshire MG Car Club and attracts cars from all over Britain. Find out more here.
Three Cocks Steam and Vintage Rally 9th August
- Visit this event to see a large selection of Steam Traction Engines, Commercial Vehicles, Vintage and Classic Cars, Tractors, Motor and Pedal Cycles, Stationary Engines, Historic Caravans and miscellaneous exhibits in Granddads Collection. Find out more here.
Perseid Meteor Shower with Dark Skies Wales 12th August
Times: 19:30 – 23:00 Come and view one of nature’s finest shows: the Perseid meteor shower, live from the dark skies above the National Park. Experts from Dark Sky Wales will help you explore the heavens in their portable planetarium. More information and how to book here.
- Brecon Cathedral Friday Lunchtime Recitals 14th August
During the summer months, concerts take place in the Cathedral at 1.00pm on Fridays. Admission Free. More information here.
- Lunchtime music at Craig y nos 15th August
Why not take a trip out to Craig y nos Country Park and enjoy a musical interlude with David Vaughan Lewis and his young singers? Be entertained over the summer – look out for the performances in the open air by the boat house, beside the lake. Find out more here.
- Agincourt Exhibtion Flower Festival 15th – 16th August
St David’s Church, Llywel, Trecastleis the venue for the touring Agincourt Exhibition along with a Flower Festival. For more details go here.
- Llandeilo Show 15th August
The show offers something for everyone, with classes for cattle, sheep, horses and pigs; the ever popular dog show; and fabulous entries in the produce and cookery tents. We are fortunate to enjoy great support from local companies with their trade. More information here.
- The Green Man Festival 20th – 23rd August
Green Man is a music festival set in the heart of the beautiful Brecon Beacons in Wales. The river Usk flows around the perimeter and the Black Mountains stand impressively as the backdrop to the ‘Mountain Stage’. ‘Find out more here.
Brecon Cathedral Friday Lunchtime Recitals 21st August
During the summer months, concerts take place in the Cathedral at 1.00pm on Fridays. Admission Free. Find out more here.
- Talybont on Usk Village Show 22nd August
- http://www.breconbeacons.org/events/5891 27th AugustThe Monmouthshire Showis the largest one-day agricultural show in Wales, taking place annually in Monmouthon the last Thursday in August. Find out more here.
- Brecon Cathedral Friday Lunchtime Recitals 28th August
During the summer months, concerts take place in the Cathedral at 1.00pm on Fridays. Admission Free.
- Brecon Beacons Summer Fayre 29th – 31st August
Family fun, local food, craft and artwork. If you’re a fan of food, music, or the arts, the National Park Visitor Centre Libanus, near Brecon is the only place to be this August Bank Holiday weekend for the Tenth annual Brecon Beacons Summer Fayre. More information here.Talgarth Festival of the Black Mountains 2015 29th -30th August
Talgarth Festival of the Black Mountains is a ‘free’ summer festival located all around the small market town of Talgarth in Mid Wales. Based on the Market Square, it caters for a variety people, ages and interests. Find out more here.
Llangynidr Show 30th August
We pack a lot into this one day event. From agricultural, horticultural and craft comptetions, to cookery demonstrations, sheep sheering and family activities, we are sure you’ll be kept busy just deciding what to do next!!