The annual Fforest Fawr Geopark Festival 2015 takes place across the western half of the Brecon Beacons National Park between Saturday 23rd May and Sunday 7th June. To see the current programme of walks, talks and other events go here.
All of our walks and talks are free this year courtesy of funding delivered through the EU funded Interreg IVB ‘Rural Alliances’ programme. Participants may be asked if they wish to make a donation towards various other worthwhile Geopark projects.
What to bring on your walk
- Remember to bring any drinks & snacks you may want.
- For full-day walks don’t forget a packed lunch
- Boots or other stout footwear essential – trainers are not suitable!
- Wet/cold weather clothing – just in case
- Sun hat and sun cream – just in case!
- Walking poles can help on rougher/steeper terrain
- Your camera!
How to book
To book your place phone the National Park Visitor Centre a.k.a. the Mountain Centre at Libanus near Brecon, on 01874 623366 for more information about each event. Booking is advised for each of the walks.