Mother’s Day is coming soon, and the tried and true flowers with breakfast in bed is getting a bit worn out. Here are some more adventurous options for mum:
1. Forage for wild garlic and learn to cook with it at the Spring Forage & Wild Garlic Bake Experience. For only £55pp, treat your mum to this experience, including a wild garlic tapas taster after.
2. Learn the art of felting with the Felt Landscape or Animal Workshop on 14 March & 23 May for £50pp.
3. Treat mum to high tea in Avergavenny while being serenaded by the Dowlais Male Voice Choir. £39pp.
4. Take her out lambing on an organic farm and help feed orphaned lambs. What could be cuter? Spend a “day in the life” of a farmer for £40pp.
5. Take her on a well deserved break for Mothering Sunday at the Barn at Hill Farm. Rates are going for £450 for 2 nights and £530 for 3 nights. Make sure to pay 20% less with the code: 1503015.
If all else fails, take her stargazing. It’s free, all night, and (if we haven’t already mentioned) we’re one of Wales’ Dark Sky Reserves! For more ideas, click here.
Oh! Have you heard about Chilcott yet? Selling 100% wool products scented by their own lavender grown in the Usk Valley, the lovely ladies behind the brand gained their inspiration from their home: the Brecon Beacons!
Each product comes with a little bag of lavender that comes with each gift is refilled for free for everlasting aroma.
- A Boxed Set of Lavender Bags – The lavender is grown on their farm and smells fantastic. Get mum a boxed set of six.
- Britannia Blanket – The blankets boast a Platinum Award from the British Wool Marketing Board, which is only given for products containing 100% British wool.
- Usk Cushions – Looking at these cushions, you just think “Mother’s Day”. Perhaps its the bright colours, but we think your mum may love it.
All products and more are available here.