Pancake Day is nearly here, and perhaps you’re tired of plain old pancakes. Maybe you didn’t know all of the things you could do with this simple dish. Here’s a few of our favourite pancake recipes and where you can get some of the ingredients locally:
- Beer & Bacon “Mancakes” – Too manly for regular pancakes? Try some of these “mancakes” on for size. Only real men can handle these pancakes. Don’t forget to pick up some
bacon from Coity Bach Produce.
- Crème Brûlée Pancake– For something a bit classier, try these delicious pancakes that taste like a crème brûlée. Topped off with some fresh raspberries, these pancakes are sure to be a hit. Grab some much-needed butter from Grenfells & Sons.
- Peach Pancakes with Butter Sauce– Slightly healthier than our other options, and a lot quicker to prepare, these pancakes have a peachy taste for you fruit lovers. Grab some flour from Talgarth Mill.
- Red Velvet With Cream Cheese Glaze– If you’d prefer sweets for breakfast, or pancakes for desert, this recipe is perfect for you. Stop by the Beacons Farm Shop for some eggs.
- Stardust Chocolate Pancakes– Named for their night sky appearance, thanks to powdered sugar sprinkled on top, these chocolate pancakes are absolutely heavenly. Top it off with some ice cream from Llanfaes Dairy, and you’ve got a wonderful desert.
For places to eat in Brecon Beacons, click here.