It’s that time of year again; time to stand in line for flowers and wish you’d bought chocolates earlier. But what if you want to do something different for your love this Valentine’s Day? Perhaps a weekend holiday would be just what you and your sweetheart need.
- Get engaged – With Adventure Britain, stags or hens go free if engaged on Valentine’s Day, and they don’t have to take place on the same dates. If you book before the end of February you get a free bottle of champagne!
- Go Stargazing – Brecon Beacons is a Dark Sky Reserve. Join us on Valentine’s Day with your loved one for an Evening With an Astronomer where you will learn about the night sky and its constellations.
- Arts and Crafts Fayre – Browse a wide selection of locally and handmade arts and crafts. Don’t forget to grab a gift for that special someone. Admission is free.
- Take a hike through the park together. Short and long walks are available,
as well as geotrails and more.
- Craig-y-Nos Country Park – A romantic area with a lot of history and a beautiful landscape to gaze at with your sweetheart. And it’s open 24 hours a day!
- Rent a cottage – If you act quickly, you can get quite a great discount for your weekend getaway. Quote Breconlove for 20% off of all bookings for February and March. Visit www.brecon-cottages.co.uk or give them a ring at 07837 010356.
- Go sailing together on Llangorse Lake. There is a launch fee, but you can spend precious alone time together on the open water.
- Go Caving – With as many caves Brecon Beacons has, it would be a shame not to go caving with your loved one. There are three different caving experiences, for beginners, intermediate cavers, and advanced cavers.
Brecon Mountain Railway – A short, relaxing little train ride past Pontsticil Reservoir beginning at Pant Station.
- Horse Riding and Pony Trekking – The best way to see the landscape is by horseback with someone you love. Brecon Beacons offers some of the best riding in Europe.