Here in the Brecon Beacons we seem to welcome new businesses every year which means there’s always somewhere different to try…
Out of our selected fifteen there may even be some you’ve never heard of!
1. The Old Printing Office, Llandovery – hidden behind a gift shop full of treasures, pull up a chair and enjoy the homemade cakes after some hard browsing.
2. Myddfai Community Hall & Tearooms – a real community enterprise this little coffee shop is run by local volunteers
3. The Bakers Table–make everything from scratch including bread, cakes, lunches, pastries and savouries, with even a wood fired oven for pizzas!
4. The Old School Tearooms, Defynnog – let the kids enjoy the indoor play area whilst you sink into the comfy sofas in the reading room
5. The Tower Cafe, Brecon – for something a little different, here you will be sipping away on fantastic coffee inside a church!
6. National Park Visitor Centre & Tea Rooms, Libanus – find out everything you need to know about the Brecon Beacons then stock up on treats from the cafe for your exploring.
7. Cafe Chameleon, Ystradgynlais – a brand new arty cafe with a creative buzz
8. The Granary, Hay-on-Wye – in the heart of the famous book town, their homemade soups are to die for and grab a table outside in the sun if you can
9. Penygawse Tea Rooms, Llandovery – from Kenyan teas to Double Espressos the staff at this Victorian tearoom are coffee experts
10. The Honey Cafe, Bronllys – a great choice for lunch or dinner with texmex by night and wonderful teas by day
11. Trecastle Tea Rooms – friendly staff and a warm atmosphere means tea here feels like home
12. Changing Seasons Cafe, Craig y Nos Country Park – popular with day trippers from the Swansea Valley and great for a walk around the park
13. Debs Kitchen–a hidden gem in the Courtyard off Standard Street, usually serving a dish of the day plus a variety of home-made quiches, salads, and soup plus a selection of cheeses – the sausage rolls are addictive.
14. The Hours– The perfect spot to sit and unwind, to catch up with family and friends in relaxed surroundings with the daily papers, close at hand… in fact it’s the just the place to wile away the hours.
15. Cafe Braz, Llandeilo – this fully licensed bistro offer breakfast, lunch and dinner with excellent coffee and tipples too (depending on the day you’ve had!)
Fancy a full afternoon tea if you’re feeling flash? Check out our blog of our recommendations here.