Love is in the air and there is nowhere more romantic the Brecon Beacons if you’re looking to splash out or just splash around. If you’re an old-fashioned romantic or if you’re looking for some alternative activities this year, let us (or love) be your guide…
For the traditional types…
1. Take your partner for dinner at one of the Brecon Beacon’s most romantic restaurants… There are so many to choose from but our favourites have to be the Gliffaes for their intimate dining room, the Felin Fach Griffin for their award-winning cuisine or the White Lion for their cosy lounge and wood burning fire.
2. Buy her some handmade chocolates from Black Mountain Gold or even add your own personal touch and learn to make them yourself with their courses. Whilst you’re there, pop into Oriel CriC Gallery and carefully select one of their handmade cards for an artistic touch.
3. Let Love Lily in Abergavenny help you if you need some guidance picking the perfect bunch. They also sell jewellery, trinkets and lovely ceramics if flowers are just not enough.
Think outside the (chocolate) box…
1. There’s no need to head far for romance this year, float along till your heart’s content at Llangorse Lake. Grab a pedal boat and enjoying bobbing along reciting your favourite poetry with the stunning mountains as your backdrop. Who needs Venice?
2. Sometimes the simple things are the most impressive and the Brecon Beacons is full of natural wonders. Stroll hand-in-hand to the waterfalls, pick a mountain to conquer together or enjoy the quiet canal all to yourself and forget the rest of the world.
3. It would be a shame not to make the most of the ‘Land of Castles’ with so many wonderful historical sites on the doorstep. Step back to a simpler time with a picnic and astounding views around you – what more do you need?
If you’re even looking for the most romantic places to pop the question click here.