Now for Mum, Grandma, Aunty, sister, cousin or for that special someone. Don’t worry if you’ve left it to the last minute, let us do the hard work with our top picks…
1. Cwcw, Crickhowell. Forget the high street brands and head to this ladies lifestyle boutique who stock contemporary European clothing brands, unique jewellery, shoes and accessories. Call 01873 811944
2. Black Mountain Chocolates, Crickhowell. Look no further for presents for anyone with a sweet tooth this Christmas. Black Mountain Chocolates create everything from chocolate pizzas to glorious gift boxes to rich drinking chocolate – after all is it the season of indulgence!
3. Llynfi Textiles, Talgarth. Nothing says authentic like clothes fashioned locally. Llynfi Textiles makes all their own clothing from sustainable fibres, with a beautifully designed selection of wool flannel trousers and dresses. If you’re looking for something that will last a lifetime, there’s no better place than here.
4. Herbfarmacy, Hay Deli If you’re looking for something a bit out of the ordinary, Herbfarmacy is a great brand to know about for later. Stocked in many shops in Hay-on-Wye, everything is made using the knowledge of a botanist, a Dr Paul Richards, who has lived in Herefordshire for over 25 years. Everything is made organically and handmade, which you may not find anywhere else.
5. Mari Thomas, Llandeilo. This Welsh contemporary jewellery designer established her first workshop back in 1998. Get yourself one of her pieces and join a client list that includes HRH Prince of Wales, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Ioan Gruffudd.