Sophie Erin Cooper was born in Brecon and grew up in Talybont-On-Usk, recently graduating in Fine Art from Bath Spa University. She is fascinated by mark making and the intricacy that can be achieved with line drawing.
Having grown up in such a beautiful rural area, nature has definitely been something that has stayed with her and influenced her work. The detail, forms and fragility found in the natural world continuously capturing her focus, playing with these to create dreamlike interpretations.
1. I would take a first-timer to the Brecon Beacons to Caerfanell waterfalls because it’s such a beautiful place. The perfect place for a picnic by the river.
3. My favourite event in the Brecon Beacons is the Hay Festival because there’s always so much great stuff going on, be it literature or music to tickle your fancy.
4. I would have my picture taken on top of Pen Y Fan because it’s the highest mountain in the Brecon Beacons, although you’d have to make sure to take some of the fantastic view too.
5. My favourite view of the Brecon Beacons is driving towards Talybont-On-Usk from Bwlch, the gorgeous green mountains always have a great sense of coming home for me.
6. You can buy great gifts in Brecon itself at Kindle House, or for the Little ones in your life Cariad toyshop has some gorgeous bits.
7. If you’re on a budget the best advice for the Brecon Beacons is to take advantage of how much beautiful rural scenery is on offer. There are so many walking adventures to indulge in.
8. If you want to splurge I would visit Hay On Wye, just because the amount of books and gorgeous shops – I could easily spend away.
9. The best season to travel to the Brecon Beacons is in the summer because there’s so much to do outdoors and you can catch the Brecon Jazz Festival in August, which gives a great buzz to the area.
10. I would like to stay at one of Brecon Beacons Holiday Cottages if I came to visit because it’d give you the true experience of the area. They have so many gorgeous properties though it would certainly be hard to choose!