The team at Brecon Beacons Holiday Cottages have been kind enough to donate a prize for our advent calendar – a whole day with Tomos the Twizy. They’ve also given us a heads up on which accommodations are booking up quickly, and the exact dates of the region’s top festivals and events in 2013…
1. Gardeners Granary – A delightfully converted Granary in the grounds of a beautiful and very productive small holding and Market Garden on the River Wye.
2. Filly Farmhouse – This luxury property sleeps 10, overlooks a tranquil lake and is surrounded by large gardens – just a ten minute drive into Hay on Wye.
3. Blacksmiths House – This 16th century farmhouse is one of the most sensitively and tastefully restored farmhouses you’ll find, yet is still very comfortable and warm.
4. Strawberry Wood Barn – A superb detached family house, recently converted from 2 traditional barns into one comfortable and very beautifully-furnished cottage.
5. Cwm Cottage – Cwm Cottage is a charming and secluded stone cottage situated deep in the Golden Valley a very special part of Herefordshire close to the border with Wales.
6. Pip’s Barn – This stone and slate barn sits on a remote hillside in the Black Mountains not far from Crickhowell and looks out over a peaceful valley.
7. Cae Marchog – Come to stay in this fabulous and chic stone farmhouse with its barn conversion, set in the most amazing remote and secluded spot in the Black Mountains.
8. The Old Man – This old drover’s cottage has been sympathetically refurbished and retains wonderful flagstone floors, huge beams and simple but chic lime-washed walls.
9. Cathedine Old Coach House – tucked away down a cobbled path, house has been been imaginatively and well converted to a spacious detached large self catering holiday cottage.
10. The Smithy – The Smithy, set in the middle of the hamlet of Llanthony, has beamed pitched ceilings, floors of polished wood and flagstones with underfloor heating.
And now for those all important festivals and their dates in 2013…
1. Crickhowell Walking Festival, 1-10th March 2013
2. Hay Bike Festival, 12-14th April 2013
3. Hay Festival, 23 May – 2 June 2013
4. Green Man Festival, 15-18th August 2013
5. Brecon Jazz, 9-11th August 2013
6. Llandovery Sheep Festival, TBC (2012 dates: 29-30th September)
7. Abergavenny Food Festival, 21-22nd September 2013
8. Hay Walking Festival, 10-14th October 2013
9. Hay Festival Winter Weekend, TBC (2012 dates: 30 November-2nd December)
To enter to win a day with Tomos (subject to terms & conditions) click here. Please note you must be over 25 and hold full comprehensive insurance.