Pubs are very much a key part of community life to most villages and towns in the Brecon Beacons national park. Visitors can quite easily stumble across a pub that offers a unique experience along with a fine selection of local food and drink. So here’s a round-up of our top five festive cosy christmas pubs in the Brecon Beacons for day 16 of our advent calendar!
1. The Star Inn, Talybont–on-Usk is a traditional Welsh Inn. It offers some great local foods that are sold on it’s very Welsh menu, along with a selection of excellent ales. The Star Inn is an intimate pub, which helps create a very special atmosphere amongst locals and visitors.
2. The Bear, Crickhowell. With it’s wood beamed interior and historic look there aren’t many places can offer such an atmospheric pub experience. Visitors tend to lose track of time when they spend a hearty evening dining and drinking away at the Bear.
3. The Blue Boar, Hay-on-Wye is situated in the heart of the town and is an important hub of Hay-on-Wye’s spirited community. With a fine selection of drink and food on offer, visitors can spend time tasting some delightful local offerings. There are also two open fires places and the pub finely furnished to help create that all important cosy feel.
4. The Bell, Glangrwyney, set in the rural village of Glangrwyney. Visitors can enjoy an idyllic country walk near by and then stop by for a lazy afternoon lounging by the log fire. The Bell is a very welcoming place with friendly staff. The beer is well kept and there is a top quality food menu on offer. It’s the perfect place to stop by on a cold winters day to warm up and relax.
5. The Felin Fach Griffin Inn, speaks for itself with the roster of awards it’s won over recent years. Lounge around on the large leather sofas that are situated in the centre of the pub next to a large open fire. Or enjoy an evening leaning at the bar having a good conversation with a local. The food is outstanding when it comes to taste and quality.