Today’s personal view comes from Lesley Giffith who is the shop manager at Myddfai Community Hall and Visitor Centre. Here are some recommendations from Lesley on how to get the best possible Brecon Beacons experience….
1. Where I live could be described in one word as: Awesome…..
2. I would take a first-timer to the Brecon Beacons to Myddfai, Llyn y Fan Fach and Kite Feeding Station Llanddeusant…
3. My favourite restaurant is “the Goose & Cuckoo“ because the food & service is first class.
4. My favourite event in the Brecon Beacons is Myddfai Christmas Fair because of the wide choice of quality unique items on sale.
5. My favourite view of the Brecon Beacons is Llyn y Fan Fach Lake.
6. You can buy great gifts at Myddfai Ty Talcen Shop.
7. If you’re on a budget the best advice for the Brecon Beacons is stay at the Youth Hostel, in Llanddeusant.
8. I would describe the people of the Brecon Beacons as friendly and accommodating.
9. If you have half a day out, I would suggest you walked to the lake at Llyn y Fan Fach and have lunch at the lovely Myddfai Café.
11. The best season to travel to the Brecon Beacons is in Spring because you see and hear all the new arrivals- lambs, birds etc.