Here’s a great insight into a local’s view of the Brecon Beacons….
Treads & Trails offer guiding, coaching & instruction on Mountain Bikes or Walking for individuals, groups, hen & stag parties, corporate & team-building groups in the Black Mountains & Brecon Beacons Mountain Ranges in Wales, as well as areas beyond this.
We have asked a local to answer eleven questions and supply photos, if possible. Here’s what they had to say about the Brecon Beacons…
3. My favourite restaurant is “Cripple Creek because they are great hosts and have great food, service, atmosphere”
4. My favourite pub is “Star Inn Talybont on Usk because they don’t mind if you are dirty and there is always a great selection beers”
5. I would have my picture taken “on top of McNamara’s Road (location that shouts the Brecon Beacons) because the backdrop is spectacular as you can see for miles!”
6. My favourite view of the Brecon Beacons is “from the top of Crug Mawr”
7. If you’re on a budget the best advice for the Brecon Beacons is “to go camping, and use the local shops where possible”
8. If you have half a day out, I would suggest that you “book a guided mountain bike or walking trip, with Treads & Trails, so you can get the most out of your time”
9. The best way to see the Brecon Beacons is “by Mountain Bike, as you can travel long distances, catch superb scenery and experience great adrenalin rushes on the downhills”
11. The best season to travel to the Brecon Beacons is “Autumn because the change of the landscape and colours”