Here in the Brecon Beacons we’re very excited about this coming weekend …. music fans from all over the globe will be flocking to Brecon for an exciting weekend of music of every possible form…
Starting on Thursday the 9th August the Brecon Fringe Festival has put on a hearty line up of bands to embrace Brecon’s great musical tradition. There’s a wide range of music on offer this year from some eclectic acoustic, blues to a bit of rock n roll!
Friday the 10th then sees the kick off of the of the historic and world famous Brecon Jazz Festival. With an all-star line up of global stars, visitors can expect to see some memorable performances in some great venues in and around the town. The opening evening of the festival sees Dionne Warwick take centre stage.
So with many great performers flocking to the Brecon Beacons over the next week we’ve deicided to do a round-up of our top five favourite venues that we expect to offer the best atmosphere and show.
Top Six Weekend Music Venues Brecon Fringe Festival and Brecon Jazz Venues
1. Brecon Market Hall – This large old market hall has had the echoes of market traders calling their customers over the decades. So where better to play some great music than in a venue that is used to loud sounds. The building is both a fantastic music venue and an iconic area of the town.
2. Theatr Brycheiniog (outside) – Enjoy the backdrop of the Brecon Canal Basin. A peaceful place and a great spot to be on a nice day.
3. St Mary’s Church, High Street, Brecon – It’s not often you get to watch a music show in a church! This is a great venue renowned for its acoustics.
4. Brecon Guildhall – This is a classic venue that really pushes audiences to soak up a special atmosphere.
The site has been occupied for over 700 years and has played an important role in the progress of Brecon, so where better to watch music than in the heart of the town.
5. The Hours Cafe and Bookshop – A lovely little intimate venue where you’ll get to enjoy some fun Brecon Fringe Gigs in a setting that offers a fun atmosphere and good food and drink.