My Brecon Beacons: From a Talgarth Resident
This week we’ve asked Nicola Willis, who was born in Herefordshire, but has lived in Pengenffordd, near Talgarth for 6 years with her partner Bryan. Nicola is a local business owner (The Plant Shop), smallholder, volunteer with Talgarth and District Regeneration Group, member of staff at The Bakers’ Table Cafe and Chair of Talgarth ‘Gateway to the Black Mountains’ Walkers are Welcome Group. She also runs Talgarth’s Monthly Country Market and organises Flix in the Stix in Talgarth (January to May and September to November).
1. Where I live could be described in one word as ….. “BREATHTAKING”
2. I would take a first-timer to the Brecon Beacons to “LLANELIEU CHURCH……. and…CASTELL DINAS… and……TALGARTH COUNTRY MARKET“
3. My favourite restaurant is “THE FELINFACH GRIFFIN…… because …….THE FOOD IS FANTASTIC!”
4. My favourite event in the Brecon Beacons is …“The BRECON JAZZ FESTIVAL….. because……YOU CAN GET TO SEE ALL OF THOSE WELL KNOWN ARTISTS CLOSE TO HOME.”
5.If you’re on a budget the best advice for the Brecon Beacons is …….“DO LOTS OF WALKING BY USING THE WALKS AROUND TALGARTH BOOKLET”
6.For the best night out, I would go …“TO THE WOOD FIRED PIZZA NIGHTS AT TALGARTH MILL, because THE PIZZAS ARE DELICIOUS, THE LOCATION IS DELIGHTFUL, AND YOU CAN TAKE YOUR OWN WINE.”
7. The most unusual thing about where I live is …“THE LARGE NUMBER OF BATS…. because ……THE GARDEN IS WILDLIFE FRIENDLY (AND A BIT WILD)”
8. If you have half a day out, I would suggest you ……“DO A TOWN WALK AROUND TALGARTH THEN GO FOR TEA AND CAKES AT THE BAKERS’ TABLE”.
9. The best way to see the Brecon Beacons is …….“BY FOOT, DOING SOME OF THE LOVELY WALKS”.
10.The best season to travel to the Brecon Beacons is “LATE SPRING…. because …..OF THE WILDFLOWERS, SUNSETS AND LONG EVENINGS.”