Forage some woodland leaves and flowers in the Brecon Beacons to make the perfect Smoked Chicken Spring Salad
Recipe provided by the Brecon Beacons’ local smokery – Black Mountains Smokery who deliver their delicious smokery products all over the UK
Smoked Chicken Salad
Feeds 4- 6 as a starter
A delicious and beautiful springtime dish.
- 2 Smoked Chicken Breast 180g
- (Or 2 Portions Oak Roasted Salmon 160g)
- A Selection of baby salad leaves
- A selection of hedgerow and woodland leaves and flowers: Primroses,Violets, Wild garlic leaves ( & flowers in early summer), new baby Dandelion leaves, Wood Sorrel (Oxalis) leaves and flowers
- Baby asparagus spears – cooked al dente
- Fresh garden Chives
- Honey & Dijon Mustard Vinaigrette – homemade or bought
It really is just as simple as it looks! Arrange the seasonal leaves and asparagus around slices of Smoked Chicken or flakes of Oak Roasted Salmon and decorate with the flowers and chives. Drizzle over the dressing and serve.
Do you have any ideas where you can get the leaves mentioned in the recipe above? Please post suggestions below.