Top Ten Valentine’s Gifts that come from the Brecon Beacons…
There’s nothing more romantic than avoiding your typical corporate brands and sourcing some gifts from independent establishments. It shows that a little bit more thought and originality has gone into the gift. We’re sure your other half will appreciate our ideas a lot more.
So here are our top 10 recommendations on how you could treat the love of your life on St Valentine’s Day!
1. Sugarloaf Soap– Delight someone with an impressive hamper of locally made soaps, and enjoy their great scent for the rest of the month…
2. Black Mountains Smokery – Treat your partner to a homely feast with Black Mountain Smokey’s luxury and delicious range of smoked foods. Indulge in their delicious smoked duck or smoked salmon. Order today and it will arrive tomorrow.
3. Black Mountain Gold Chocolate – Everyone enjoys a box of chocolates, especially a box where you’ve put that extra little thought into it. Choose from a fine selection like their Tiramisu truffle or Caribbean Cocktail!
4. Pendryn Whisky – The champions of Welsh whisky & gin, who were recently honoured at the “Oscars” of drinking awards. It will certainly give the impression “only the best for you, lover!.”
5. An arty investment for your special one from one of Brecon’s great art shops. Shoppers are certainly spoilt for choice when they’re shopping for art orientated things. The Gate Gallery in Brecon even does glass blowing and produces some beautiful ornaments. Art Beat Brecon & the Ardent Gallery offer a selection of pieces from our talented local artists as well as from pieces sourced from further afield.
6. A romantic weekend away for two staying in The Tower, with Brecon Beacons Holiday Cottages. Feel like a king and queen when you stay in this luxury self catering cottage for two, snuggle up around a warm roaring fire and enjoy a very comfortable four poster bed.
7. Take your other half on a weekend that involves a bit of adventure, from getting close in tight spots whilst caving or an enjoyable paddle down the river Wye stopping for a picnic. Go caving with Adventure Britain, rock climbing with Black Mountains Adventure, bushcraft and foraging with Outdoors@Hay or canoeing with with Wye Valley Canoes.
8. A good old fashioned romantic meal for two in some of the finest restaurants in Wales, situated in the Brecon Beacons! We’ve got a great variety of places to dine at from the Felin Fach Griffin Inn, the River Cafe in Glasbury, the Old Black Lion in Hay-on-Wye, The Swan inn Llanfrynach, the Castle Hotel in Brecon and Neuadd Fawr in Llandovery are just some of the popular places to go.
9. Buy a gift voucher to learn how to survive and never get lost again from a man who has over 30 years experience in survival techniques. Kevin Walker Mountain Activities offers courses where visitors can get out and about onto the mountain ranges, whilst having fun and learning something different. This is the perfect gift if every time you’re in the car with your partner, you have to pull up on the side of the road to double check where you’re going. If your girlfriend or boyfriend is the worst map reader in the world, than that could change when you send them on a “map interpretation course”.
10. How about a horse ride or a guided bike ride? There’s a fine selection of guides and horseriding centres to choose from. Treat your partner to a pleasant day out with one of the good biking guides situated in the Brecon Beacons. From Drover Holidays in Hay-on-Wye or Bikes & Hikes in Brecon. Or a horse ride where visitors get to enjoy the best views of the area on the back of a Welsh Cob.